207 people tested negative after contact with French coronavirus patient
The Press Office of the Government’s Cabinet Secretariat today reported that 207 people, who had close contact with the French national, who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus in Mongolia, including those who took the same flight with him from Moscow to Ulaanbaatar, have all been tested negative for coronavirus. As of March 12 afternoon, 149 people who came into contact with him were tested negative. Last night, test results of another 58 people, including a British man isolated in Uvs aimag after flying the same flight with the patient, came by negative for the coronavirus.
D.Nyamkhuu, Director of the National Center of Communicable Diseases (NCCD) today informed that the French national, who is tested positive for the coronavirus and staying at the NCCD in Ulaanbaatar, is feeling well and in stable health conditions.
“The patient has decided to undergo treatment in Mongolia, and had already contacted with his family with the help from the Embassy of France in Mongolia and” says Nyamkhuu.
As first case of coronavirus infection is confirmed, the Government of Mongolia has issued the following precautionary measures:
- Visitors to public places are required to wear a surgical facemask and can be subject to temperature screenings.
- Shops other than grocery and household item stores will be closed until 16 March.
- Prohibition of public gatherings, events and meetings, such as conferences, sporting events and concerts until 30 March.
- Closure of schools, universities, higher education institutions, kindergartens and vocational training centers, cinemas and entertainment centers until 30 March.
- Prohibition of school age children to appear in public places until 30 March.
- Reduction of operating hours of bars and restaurants until 30 March.